Mother whose child killed in drive-by seeks justice in son's death

De-Earlvion Whitley, 4, killed July 20

By Bill Barajas - Reporter

SAN ANTONIO - Frustration has set in for an East Side mother whose 4-year-old son, De-Earlvion, was killed in a drive-by shooting. She says she wants justice for the death of her son.

“I'm not getting anywhere. I'm not getting any justice for my child,” said Cyntwanisha Whitley.

Whitley said she hopes someone with information will do the right thing and come forward.

“What if it was your child? What if it was your grandchild? What if it was your nephew, your niece? Anything could help bring justice to my child, and that's all that I'm asking,” she said.

RELATED: Mother vows to never return to home where son, 4, was killed in drive-by shooting

De-Earlvion was a victim of gang violence, a crime that has gone unpunished so far.

“We’re still looking for clues. Anything that I hear, I let the homicide detective know. Basically, we're at a standstill. Nobody wants to come forward,” Whitley said.

De-Earlvion was with his family at their home in the 200 block of Hub Avenue when a drive-by shooter started firing at their house on July 20. The 4-year-old was hit in the face.

The family has since moved out of their home.

“Anytime we pass by that house, that night just replays over and over,” Whitley said.

Whitley said violence on the East Side seemed to slow down after her son’s death.

“We seen changes the first couple of weeks, and then, now, it's going back to the same thing,” she said.

Until the person responsible for De-Earlvion’s death is arrested, Whitley and her two sons will hold onto their loved one’s memory.

“We have a lot of videos of him where we would dance. We would sing. Videos from his football games. It brings a smile for that time, but it still brings the hurt,” Whitley said.

Police are asking anyone with information to call Crime Stoppers at 210-224-7867. Tipsters can remain anonymous.

Copyright 2017 by KSAT - All rights reserved.