SAN ANTONIO – You need them when you hike, but you’ll find these items are handy at home, too.
Jordan Lauterstein, owner of San Antonio’s Good Sports Outdoor Outfitters, rounds up more than a dozen things usually used for backpacking that will make camping in your back yard easier and more comfortable.
- Helinox lightweight camping chair - Fun colors, holds up to 320 pounds
- NEMO Victory sunshade - Lightweight, fits onto NEMO waterproof beach blanket
- Rumpl puffy blanket - Lightweight, insulated, weather resistant, corner loops, cape clip
- The North Face homestead snackle box - Duffle bag for snacks and drinks, insulated, waterproof, daisy chains to attach to gear, built-in bottle opener
- Fenix flashlight - LED tactical flashlight, used by hunters and ranchers, spreads light evenly across the beam
- Ben’s and Natrapel bug repellent - Ben’s Tick & Insect Repellent contains DEET and is recommended for use in areas of heavy infestation; Natrapel is all natural, DEET-free, non-greasy and repels insects for up to 12 hours
- OluKai sandals - Yes, you will pay extra for these, but they will last you forever; footwear created for durability and the ocean lifestyle; every pair gives back with a portion of all proceeds directly supporting the Ama OluKai Foundation, honoring those who preserve and celebrate the cultural heritage and Aloha spirit of Hawaii (Full disclosure: I bought a pair for my wedding and I’ve worn them just about every day since ~Diana)
- Patagonia provisions - Responsibly sourced food
- KAVU rope bag - Trendy, cotton canvas bag with adjustable rope strap, durable day pack for on the trail or around town
- Hydro Flask - Water bottle that keeps liquids hot or cold; tumblers, coffee, beer, wine bottles available
- Doggy gear - Ruffwear water pouch; NiteHowl LED safety necklace
- NEMO Aurora 2-person tent - Keeps mosquitos out, can be used open or closed, shady and lightweight
- NEMO Tensor insulated sleeping pad - Lightweight, stable and packable, two layers of metalized film
Good Sports Outdoor Outfitters is offering in-store shopping and curbside right now. The store offers tips for responsible social distancing in the outdoors in the Facebook post below.