Billionaire Getty heir died at Hotel Emma of accidental fentanyl overdose, officials say
American industrialist J. Paul Getty (1892 - 1976) at Sutton Place, his Tudor manor house in Surrey, 1967. John Gilbert Getty died of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, combined with cardiomyopathy which was complicated by fentanyl toxicity, officials confirmed to KSAT Wednesday. Getty, 52, was the grandson of oil tycoon J. Paul Getty. A family spokesperson released a statement to People at the time of Getty’s death that said, “With a heavy heart, Gordon Getty announces the death of his son, John Gilbert Getty. John’s mother, Ann Gilbert Getty, passed this September.”AdAndrew Getty died of meth intoxication in 2015 and Ann died from a heart attack two months prior to John, TMZ reported.