SAN ANTONIO – After a long day of cooking for Thanksgiving, many of us don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen for awhile.
This recipe is quick and easy and only requires a few ingredients, one of which is leftover turkey.
- Chopped up leftover turkey (white or dark meat works)
- Corn tortillas
- Avocado oil
- Shredded cheese
- First, you soften your corn tortillas in a skillet with a bit of avocado oil. Don’t use too much oil, or the tortillas will be too greasy.
- After they are cooked for about 30 seconds on each side, pat them dry of any access oil.
- Add a bit of turkey and cheese into the tortilla and roll them up.
- Place in an air fryer at 390 degrees for 4 to 5 minutes. (These can also be fried or baked in the oven.)
- After they are cooked, serve with a side of guacamole and enjoy. (Cooking tip: if you add a dollop of sour cream to your avocado it will help it from turning brown)