SAN ANTONIO – The San Antonio Police Department's Crisis Response Teams make visits to homes where people may be or are victims of domestic violence.
They explain the rights of victims, help with personal safety planning, help victims file criminal charges, provide information on protective orders, refer victims to community resources including Crime Victims Compensation, help victims find emergency shelter, help victims and their children/partner get counseling, and making sure victims know about the Texas VINE program.
All information shared with CRT members is confidential.
The department also has F.A.C.T. volunteers who are available to help victims. They can be found at each police substation on Fridays and Saturdays between 7 p.m. and 2 a.m.
- Central Substation, 515 S. Frio, 210-207-4013
- East Substation, 3635 E. Houston, 210-207-2062
- North Substation, 13030 Jones Maltsberger, 210-207-8129
- Prue Substation, 5020 Prue Rd., 210-207-2201
- South Substation, 711 W. Mayfield, 210-207-8701
- West Substation, 7000 Culebra Rd., 210-207-7916
Other helpful numbers:
- SAPD Non-Emergency -- 210-207-7273
- SAPD Victim Advocacy -- 210-207-2141
- Magistrate’s Office -- 210-207-7532
- Adult/Child Protective Services -- 1-800-252-5400
- Rape Crisis Center -- 210-349-7273
- Battered Women’s Shelter -- 210-733-8810
- FJC/Protective Orders -- 210-631-0100
- Texas VINE -- 1-877-894-8463