Hurricane Laura is expected to make landfall near the Texas, Louisiana border sometime late Wednesday into Thursday morning.
The hurricane is now classified as a category 4 with sustained winds of 140 mph.
For reference, Hurricane Katrina was a category 5 hurricane, and decimated the Lousiana coast. The aftermath of flooding and damage caused by Katrina in 2005 are still visible in New Orleans today.
Take a look back at some of the hurricanes and tropical storms that have hit Texas since Tropical Storm Allison in 2001.
You can keep an eye on the Galveston area with the following beach cams in the area:
- Beach Cam - 201 Seawall Boulevard
- East Beach Cam - 1401 E Beach Drive
- Marina Video Cam - 715 N. Holiday Drive
- Seawall Video Cam - 6102 Seawall Boulevard
- Surf Video Cam - 4222 Seawall Boulevard
For full weather coverage from the KSAT meteorologists, including a hurricane tracker, click here.