SAN ANTONIO – If you frequently travel into Mexico by car there are some new restrictions you need to know about COVID-19 checkpoints at the border.
According to KGNS TV in Laredo, the U.S Consulate in Nuevo Laredo released the details about the new restrictions.
Here is a list of those new guidelines:
- No more than two people per vehicle can travel into Nuevo Laredo
- You must wear a face mask at all times
- Essential travel is only allowed
- No children or elderly people allowed to travel into Nuevo Laredo
- Temperature checks
- Drivers can only travel on days that coincide with the last numbers of their license plates
There are several COVID-19 checkpoints across the border in Mexico.
Because of new restrictions, you can expect delays.
According to the U.S. Consulate website, the number of confirmed and suspected cases of COVID-19 is still increasing daily in several regions of Mexico.