SAN ANTONIO – Hello parents, teachers and students!
Today is the day for many of you, as eight more San Antonio-area school districts start their quest for knowledge with either virtual or in-person learning.
Comal, Harlandale, New Braunfels, Medina Valley, Judson, Northside, Somerset and Southwest ISD all begin school this week following the many that have begun the past two weeks.
KSAT Kids, a kid-friendly part of our website with news and free educational content, wants to wish the students in all our area schools good luck and to have a wonderful school year.
And while this school year may look different as most kids are starting with virtual-only learning, it doesn’t mean parents have to abandon the tradition of taking first-day-of-school photos. KSAT Kids wants to see them! You can submit a photo to showoff and memorialize this special day below.
So, parents or teachers, are you looking for more fun educational content to help that young learner? Sign up for our KSAT Kids newsletter here, go to our Facebook or Twitter pages here, or go to the website at www.ksat.com/ksatkids to find:
- Video science labs from Meteorologist Kaiti Blake
- Extended classroom lessons and quizzes from Meteorologist Sarah Spivey
- Weather history lessons and the history of Texas town names courtesy of Meteorologist Justin Horne
- Uplifting stories of students and teachers who go above and beyond
- Fun educational livestreams: We’ve already shown several NASA space launches, and have teamed up with the San Antonio Zoo to show both koalas and tree kangaroo habitats, with more to come
- seasonal content for events such as Halloween, Christmas and Fiesta
Teachers and parents can decide when and how they want to use the free and age-appropriate content.
But guess what, we can’t do it alone. We are looking to our community for ideas to improve KSAT Kids and to get the word out. What type of videos would you like to see us produce? What topics are your children or students most interested in? Would you like to see a newscast just for kids? Do you know a teacher, student or school that should be highlighted by KSAT?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with new content, lessons, story ideas, questions or tips.
Have a wonderful school year!