Fire at Southwest Side Dollar General causes ‘significant damages,’ officials say

Officials say storage room was torched; a cause has yet to be determined

Dollar General on Old Pearsall Road. (Copyright 2020 by KSAT - All rights reserved.)

SAN ANTONIO – A fire at a Dollar General on the Southwest Side caused “significant damages," according to the San Antonio Fire Department.

The fire happened at the Dollar General located on Old Pearsall Road. Crews arrived on scene and noticed smoke coming from the front of the building, but when they made their way toward the rear of the store, they found the entire storage area in flames.

Joe Arrington, public information officer for SAFD, said crews were able to get the blaze under control in 20-30 minutes. Arrington said everyone was able to get out of the store safely and no injuries were reported.

A cause for the fire and exact dollar amount for the damages sustained has yet to be determined, Arrington said. However, he said the fire caused “significant damage” to the building and said the entire contents of the storage unit were on fire.

This is a developing story and we’ll update this article when additional details become available.

Related: Alamo Heights family loses home of more than 50 years to fire

About the Author:

Jakob Rodriguez is a digital journalist at KSAT 12. He's a graduate of Texas State University, where he served as the editor-in-chief of the student-run newspaper, The University Star.