SAN ANTONIO – With an ongoing pandemic and health officials’ pleas for people to not travel for the holidays, Black Friday may feel different than years’ past.
And with more people staying home, they might not realize what’s typically closed or open during Thanksgiving Week.
Several city offices in San Antonio will close their doors on Thursday and Friday, including the COVID-19 hotline and testing sites. To view the city’s COVID-19 testing site schedule for this week, click here.
The COVID-19 hotline will resume on Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Here are the city services that will be open or closed:
- COVID-19 hotline
- Friday collections for recycling, organics recycling and garbage will be collected on Black Friday
- Dead animal collection crews will be on duty
- Animal Care Services lobby and adoption center; ACS officers will be on duty
- On-street parking meters downtown will be free
- La Villita and Market Square
- Spanish Governor’s Palace
- City-run COVID-19 testing sites
- Head Start, Pre-K 4 SA, schools
- SAPD’s administration and records
- Central Library and branch libraries
- La Villita and Market Square administrative offices