SAN ANTONIO – A Mexican restaurant on San Antonio’s north side was ordered to go through a re-inspection last month after a city health inspector witnessed an employee making tacos with their bare hands.
Las Sabrosas de Guanajuato, located in the 6800 block of San Pedro Avenue, received a score of 75 after racking up violations that also included an employee handling clean dishes after handling dirty dishes.
The restaurant’s mechanical dishwasher also had a “vast amount” of debris built up on it, city health records show.
- 100-90 = A (Very Good to Acceptable)
- 89-80 = B (Acceptable to Marginal)
- 79 or lower = C (Marginal to Poor)
Metro Health indicates that scores of 69 or lower are failing scores
Other scores this week:
- Lucy Cafe, 2517 West Ave., 100
- Kung Fu Tea, 2314 SE Military Dr., 99
- Dallah Mediterranean Cuisine, 5450 babcock Rd., 97
- Taipei Chinese Restaurant, 18802 Stone Oak Pkwy., 97
- Blue Moon Mexican Restaurant, 3228 S. Flores St., 95
- El Itacate Tacos To Go, 2501 Nogalitos St., 95
- Filipino Express, 4963 NW Loop 410, 95
- Cositas Ricas, 2527 Vance Jackson, 93
- The Pit Stop, 4506 Lakewood Dr., 92
- 99 Sichuan Garden, 2347 NW Military Hwy., 90
- Esme’s Cocina Mexicana, 1602 Callaghan Rd., 90
- Pho 4U, 10730 Potranco Rd., 90
- Culebra Meat Market, 5500 Babcock Rd., 88
- Royal Inn Oriental Cuisine, 5440 Babcock Rd., 87
- Subway, 8002 Callaghan Rd., 87
- El Rodeo Mexican Grill Tex-Mex, 9775 Culebra Rd., 86
- Guerrero’s Mexican Restaurant, 1859 Rigsby Ave., 84
- Taqueria Guadalajara, 2603 Goliad Rd., 84
- Taqueria Jimador, 1106 Vance Jackson, 83
- Hacienda Vallarta, 9819 Marbach Rd., 80
- Las Sabrosas De Guanajuato, 6825 San Pedro Ave., 75
For food establishment complaints in the city of San Antonio, send an email to Metro Health or call 210-207-8853.