Behind the Kitchen Door: Restaurant fails health inspection for second time in a row
A Mexican restaurant got a failing score on its health inspection last month, the second failing score for the business in the past two months. Meanwhile, another business had its license temporarily suspended due to a sewage backup.
Behind the Kitchen Door: Roach infestation forces temporary closure of Mexican restaurant
A Mexican restaurant with a recent history of high scores saw its October health inspection score take a big hit due to a roach infestation. The pest problem also forced the health department to suspend their license.
Behind the Kitchen Door: Roach infestation leads to temporary closure of West side restaurant
The health department forced a West Side Mexican restaurant to temporarily shut down last month to deal with a roach infestation. This week, the owner told KSAT Reporter Tim Gerber they’ve made some changes to keep things clean behind their kitchen door.
Behind the Kitchen Door: Quartet of restaurants see high scores tumble during recent health inspections
Four San Antonio restaurants with recent histories of high scores saw their September health inspection scores take a nosedive. KSAT Investigates reporter Tim Gerber pulled the reports to find out what happened behind their kitchen doors.
Behind the Kitchen Door: West Side Mongolian grill kicked out of location by landlord for unpaid rent
A low score on a recent health inspection was the least of the problems a West side Mongolian grill faced. The landlord told KSAT Investigates reporter Tim Gerber that the business was evicted for being behind on rent, and they left a big mess behind the kitchen door.
Behind the Kitchen Door: Barbacoa restaurant goes from failing health inspection to acing follow up visit
A barbacoa restaurant on San Antonio’s West Side flunked an August health inspection but managed to turn things around in a big way by nearly acing a follow-up inspection this month. Meanwhile, a popular South Side taco house racked up 9 repeat violations, leading to a low score.
Behind the Kitchen Door: Dirty soda nozzles, moldy ice machine earn convenience store barely passing score
A convenience store on the Northeast Side with a history of low health scores barely passed its July health inspection, and a Chinese restaurant was given 10 days to hire pest control services after an inspector found live and dead roaches hanging out in the kitchen.
Behind the Kitchen Door: Supermarket, businesses inside battle roaches and other pests
A pizza place with a pest problem got a failing score on a health inspection just months after posting a nearly perfect score. Meanwhile, a pair of businesses inside a supermarket had numerous live and dead roaches.
Behind the Kitchen Door: Health Department shuts down Chinese restaurant for ‘gross and insanitary conditions’
Health inspectors recently ordered a Chinese restaurant to close due to unsanitary conditions after failing a May health inspection. Meanwhile, a local coffee shop was also shut down because of a roach infestation, and a taco business had to close due to no hot water.
Behind the Kitchen Door: Popular South Side Mexican restaurant gets failing health score
A popular South Side Mexican restaurant failed its April health inspection, and when KSAT Investigates reporter Tim Gerber dropped in this week to find out what happened, the manager didn’t serve up any answers. He disappeared behind the kitchen door.
Behind the Kitchen Door: Fast food fish restaurant netted multiple violations during recent health inspection
A fast food restaurant specializing in fish was on the hook for several health code violations following its March health inspection, while other businesses needed to hire pest control and do some cleaning.