Electrical problem believed to be cause of South Side house fire

2 people displaced

San Antonio firefighters say an electrical problem appears to be what sparked a fire inside a South Side home.

SAN ANTONIO – San Antonio firefighters say an electrical problem appears to be what sparked a fire inside a South Side home.

Two people who live in the home, located in the 200 block of Crane Avenue, were able to escape safely after the fire broke out around 4:30 a.m. Tuesday.

When fire crews arrived, they found heavy fire in the front room of the home.

They say they had a difficult time accessing the other rooms because of a large amount of clutter.

Firefighters eventually were able to extinguish the fire which they said seemed to be centered around a sofa.

They say they found an extension cord underneath the sofa that may have played a role in it.

An investigation team was called in to look into the cause of the fire.


About the Authors:

Katrina Webber joined KSAT 12 in December 2009. She reports for Good Morning San Antonio. Katrina was born and raised in Queens, NY, but after living in Gulf Coast states for the past decade, she feels right at home in Texas. It's not unusual to find her singing karaoke or leading a song with her church choir when she's not on-air.

Ben Spicer is a digital journalist who works the early morning shift for KSAT.