SAN ANTONIO – A cold front swept through San Antonio around midday Sunday, clearing out the morning clouds, light rain, and humidity. Behind the front, it became very windy Sunday afternoon. In fact, some wind gusts approached 50 mph! The question you might have now is, “When will winds relax?!” Here’s what you need to know:
- Widespread wind gusts of 30-40 mph will continue to be possible through late Sunday night, with isolated gusts as high as 50 mph
- With these windy conditions expected to last through Sunday night, keep any loose holiday lawn ornaments secure overnight (including leaving those inflatables deflated until Monday)
- After midnight, wind speeds will really start to drop across South Texas
- A few lingering gusts near 20-25 mph will be possible by dawn Monday, but it will be much less windy overall
- Winds will be light for everyone by lunchtime on Monday
Cold Monday Morning
On top of the windy conditions, colder air will also arrive Sunday night. Temperatures will tumble all the way into the 30s by dawn Monday. Factor-in a lingering breeze, and we will have wind chills in the upper 20s and low 30s to start the day. Bundle Up!
Keep tabs on this very windy forecast by downloading the KSAT Weather Authority app for Apple or Android. Be sure to allow notifications in your phone’s settings for updates, including livestreams from KSAT meteorologists.