2020 was a year for the record books for many different reasons, including being one of the warmest years ever in the contiguous U.S.
- The average temperature was 54.4 degrees Fahrenheit in 2020 -- that’s 2.4 degrees above the 1901-2000 average!
- Five of the warmest years on record have all occurred since 2012: 2020, 2017, 2016, 2015, and 2012.
- The warmest year for the contiguous U.S. was in 2012, when the average temperature was 55.28 degrees Fahrenheit.
It was a warm year for those of us around the KSAT 12 viewing area, too.
- Del Rio recorded its warmest year ever with an average temperature of 74.1 degrees Fahrenheit. Records have been taken since 1906.
- San Antonio recorded its 3rd warmest year with an average temperature of 71.8 degrees Fahrenheit. Records have been taken since 1885.