6 things to do in the Alamo City this weekend
Local calender of events
SAN ANTONIO – If you're looking for something to do this weekend, we have you covered.
Here's a look at events for the weekend of April 8-9:
- The Maverick Music Festival runs Friday and Saturday. This year's headliners are Bastille and Young the Giant. Tickets are still available.
- Also starting on Friday is the Poteet Strawberry Festival. The popular festival has 14 areas of entertainment including concerts, a carnival and rodeo performances. The parade will begin at 10 a.m. Saturday.
- Friday is also National Beer Day. Places around town will have specials and different kinds of craft beer available.
- The San Antonio Book Festival will feature over 100 authors this year and begins at 9 a.m. Saturday at Central Library and The Southwest School of Art.
- The San Antonio River Foundation will again host the Mission Reach Flotilla Festival at Mission County Park. The free event will feature a flotilla water parade, a costume contest, a watercraft decorating contest, music and food. The Flotilla Festival starts at 11 a.m. Saturday.
- Looking to run for a cause, the 20th annual Susan G. Koman Race for the Cure is scheduled Saturday morning. The 5K run will start at the Alamodome at 8:30 a.m. There is still a chance to register. Click here for info.
Don't miss a thing. Get email alerts from KSAT 12 today.
Get alerted to news events as they happen or sign up for a scheduled news headline email that is delivered right to your inbox. Breaking news, severe weather, daily forecasts, entertainment news, all of the day’s important events to keep you up to date wherever you are.
Sign up today. It's Free.
Copyright 2017 by KSAT - All rights reserved.