SAN ANTONIO – Serge Hiden, a 31-year-old South Side man accused of possessing child pornography, is also currently awaiting trial in connection with the alleged sexual assault of two teenage girls.
According to San Antonio police, Hiden was arrested last year in connection with an August 2013 case involving the sexual assault of two teenage girls.
The alleged victims were 15 and 16 years old at the time.
On Tuesday, Hiden was again arrested -- this time in connection with a child pornography case which, according to an arrest warrant affidavit, involved a 14-year-old female student at McCollum High School.
A spokesman with the Harlandale Independent School District confirmed that school district police began investigating Hiden last November after receiving tips that he had been handing out fliers that invited students to parties in his nearby home.
According to the affidavit, students told investigators that Hiden handed out the flyers on campus, and that underage party guests were served alcohol and drugs. Police said they also were told that Hiden engaged in intimate relationships with several girls.
Harlandale ISD, however, denies that anything -- including the handing out of fliers -- took place at the school.
"Our administration and principal from McCollum High School have let us know that that is just a rumor. This gentleman was never on campus at McCollum High School," said Andrew Fernandez, a spokesman for the district.
Fernandez did confirm, though, that an investigation by school district police did lead to Hiden being arrested near the campus last month.
The affidavit stated that officers attempted to initiate a traffic stop on him Dec. 10, but Hiden sped away.
When they eventually caught up with him, officers seized several items, including his cellphone, the affidavit stated.
San Antonio police, who were asked to assist in the investigation, then found videos on the cell phone, showing Hiden fondling a 14-year-old party guest who was unconscious, the affidavit stated.
Parents arriving at the campus with their children Wednesday morning said they had not been made aware of anything at all going on.
Fernandez said, due to the investigation, the school district did not inform them but does plan to remedy that now.
"We're going to send out a letter today, letting them know everything that's going on," Fernandez said.
A spokesman for SAPD could not confirm whether more charges are expected to be filed against Hiden in connection with the latest allegations.