Eighth flood victim identified
Victim identified as Kenneth Reissig, 81
SAN MARCOS, Texas – Authorities have identified the body of a man found last week in the wreckage of the Memorial Day weekend flood.
Kenneth Reissig, 81, was identified Tuesday using medical and dental records. Reissig's body was found May 28 near the Blanco River at Narrows Road near the Blanco/Hays County line.
Eight bodies have been recovered so far in Hays County and all have been identified. Three people remain listed as missing.
Flood victims identified as of Tuesday, June 2:
- Dayton Larry Thomas, 74, found in northern San Marcos May 24
- Michelle Marie Carey-Charba, 43, found May 25 in Caldwell County
- Jose Alvaro Arteaga-Pichardo, 29, found in the area of Loop 165 in Wimberley May 26
- Jonathan Andrew McComb, 6, found May 27 near Water Park Road and RR 3237 in Wimberley
- Ralph Hugh Carey, 73, found May 28 near Fox Road northwest of San Marcos
- Sue McNeil Carey, 71, found May 30 at Lime Kiln and Water Tower Roads in San Marcos
- Laura Schultz McComb, 34, found May 30 near the Blanco River near the 700 Block of Bluffview Road in Wimberley
- Kenneth Reissig, 81, found May 28 near the Blanco River at Narrows Road, near the Blanco/Hays County line.
- William Randall Charba, 42, last seen at 100 Deer Crossing, Wimberley
- William Charba, 6, last seen at 100 Deer Crossing, Wimberley
- Leighton McComb, 4, last seen at 100 Deer Crossing, Wimberley
Copyright 2015 by KSAT - All rights reserved.