SAN ANTONIO – Both the San Antonio Independent School District and the Northside Independent School District will continue their summer food programs this year.
The programs are part of the Texas Department of Agriculture's Seamless Summer Nutrition Program. The district will offer students one breakfast and one lunch each weekday, beginning June 8.
Meals will be available free of charge Monday through Friday.
Breakfast for SAISD schools will be served primarily from 7:30 – 8:30 a.m. and lunch will be served from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (depending upon location).
The free meal program is required by law in school districts where a large number of its students qualify for free meals.
- Ball, 343 Koehler Court
- Bowden,515 Willow St.
- Beacon Hill, 1411 W. Ashby Place
- Margil, 1000 Perez St.
- JT Brackenridge, 1214 Guadalupe St
- Maverick,107 Raleigh St.
- Briscoe, 2015 S. Flores St.
- Miller,207 Lincolnshire Dr.
- Crockett, 2215 Morales St.
- Neal, 3407 Capital Ave.
- Douglass, 318 Martin L. King Dr.
- Barkely Ruiz,1111 S. Navidad St.
- Forbes, 2630 Sally Gay Drive
- Wilson, 1421 Clower St.
- Franklin, 1915 W. Olmos Drive
- Woodlawn Hills,110 W. Quil
- Gates, 510 Morningview Drive
- Hawthorne 115 W. Josephine
- Graebner, 530 Hoover St.
- Pershing, 600 Sandmeyer St.
- Hillcrest, 211 W. Malone St.
- Washington, 1823 Nolan St.
- Lamar, 201 Parland Place
- Connell, 400 Hot Wells Blvd
- Poe, 814 Aransas Ave
- Davis, 4702 E. Houston St.
- Rhodes, 3000 Tampico St.
- Harris, 325 Pruitt Ave.
- Rogers, 314 Galway St.
- Irving, 1300 Delgado St.
- Tafolla, 1303 W. Cesar E. Chavez Blvd.
- Longfellow, 1130 E, Sunshine St.
- Twain, 2411 San Pedro Ave.
- Lowell, 919 Thompson Place
- Wheatley, 415 Gabriel St.
- Page, 401 Berkshire Ave.
- Whittier, 2101 Edison Dr.
- Brackenridge, 400 Eagleland Dr.
- Travis, 1915 N. Main Ave
- Burbank, 1002 Edwards St.
- Navarro, 623 S. Pecos St.
- Edison, 701 Santa Monica Dr.
- Houston, 4635 E. Houston St.
- Jefferson, 723 Donaldson Ave
- Lanier, 1514 W. Cesar E. Chavez Blvd.
- Estrada, 1112 S. Zarzamora St.
- June 8 – Aug. 7 (M-F): Boone and Forester elementary schools
- June 9 – July 2 (M-Th): Driggers, Esparza, Glenn, Howsman, Mary Hull, and Northwest Crossing elementary schools. (These schools will serve lunch on Friday, June 12).
- June 9 – July 2 (M-Th): Carnahan, Carlos Coon, Murnin, Oak Hills Terrace, and Ward elementary schools and Connally Middle School.
- June 9 – June 23 (M-Th): Hobby, Vale, and Zachry middle schools.
Elementary serving times are 7:15-8:15 a.m. for breakfast and 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. for lunch.
Middle School serving times are 7:15-8:15 a.m. for breakfast and 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. for lunch.