Oven blamed for building fire south of downtown
Fire reported at King William Professional Building
SAN ANTONIO – An oven was to blame for a fire early Monday morning that damaged a building south of downtown, fire officials said.
When firefighters arrived around 6:30 a.m. at the King William Professional Building in the 800 block of South St. Mary's Street, they found flames shooting from an air conditioning unit above Francis Bogside Pub.
Fire Chief Charles Hood said the fire was quickly extinguished, but there was significant water damage from the sprinkler system, fire officials said.
No one was hurt in the fire.
Hood said the fire doesn't appear to be suspicious.
Copyright 2016 by KSAT - All rights reserved.