SAN ANTONIO – Thousands gathered at the 39th-annual Cowboy Breakfast early Friday morning for free food in the parking lot of Cowboys Dancehall.
The breakfast began being served at 4:30 a.m. on 3030 NE Loop 410 at Interstate 35.
The Cowboy Breakfast is the unofficial warm-up to the San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo, which runs this year from Feb. 9-26.
The breakfast menu included thousands of sausage and eggs tacos, chorizo and egg tacos, biscuits and gravy, tamales, juice and coffee.
The full menu included the following:
- 12,000 Kiolbassa chorizo and egg tacos; 5,000 potato and egg
- 2,500 servings of Pioneer biscuits and gravy
- 8,000 Pioneer biscuits and Pruski’s sausage
- 5,000 Kiolbassa sausage wraps
- 10,000 Rudy’s BBQ beef tacos
- 10,000 Pruzkies sausage and egg tacos
- 8,000 bacon and egg tacos
- 10,000 delicious tamales
- 5,000 pints Oak Farms milk and orange juice
- 15,000 cups McDonalds Special Roast Coffee
- 20,000 servings of picante sauce
- 5,000 pastries from Flowers Baking Company/Buttercrust Tastekakes pastries
Below are videos of all the excitement from Friday's event: