Suspect arrested in shooting death of man in gas station parking lot
Shooting happened Oct. 7
SAN ANTONIO – A 34-year-old man who is accused of fatally shooting another man in a gas station parking lot early last month is now behind bars.
Police said it was witnesses who helped the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force arrest Nathan Knowles.
Authorities said Knowles was involved in an Oct. 7 crowbar fight that ended in murder. It happened in the 1600 block of North Zarzamora Street in a gas station parking lot.
Police said that’s where Knowles went up to a 40-year-old man and the two began to fight. When the man tried to run, Knowles went to his vehicle, got a handgun and shot the man in the head, authorities said.
Knowles allegedly left the scene in a dark-colored car, and the man who was shot was taken to a hospital in critical condition; he later died there.
There is still no motive in the murder.
“This guy's off the street. For somebody to approach someone and shoot at them for no apparent reason, from what we know, they did not know each other, so it’s a good day for us,” said Sgt. Michelle Ramos.
Knowles has been charged with murder and is in the Bexar County Jail without bond.
Copyright 2017 by KSAT - All rights reserved.