SAN ANTONIO – The San Antonio area has seen a rise in violence over the past week. KSAT has reported on 11 shootings across the city since Thanksgiving Day.
A San Antonio Police Department report was emailed to KSAT with details on a 12th shooting.
Police and the Bexar County Sheriff’s Department are actively investigating these cases. Here is a synopsis of each of those reported shootings.
1. Delilah Hernandez, 10, was fatally shot Thanksgiving morning at a home in the 120 block of Harwood Drive. Police said she was in her bedroom when she was hit by gunfire.
Police have not yet made any arrests and said the drive-by shooting was possibly gang-related. Investigators said they believe the intended target may have been the victim’s older brother.
San Antonio police responded to reports of a shooting in the 4600 block of La Marquesa around 12:30 a.m. Upon arrival, officers found the teenager shot in the stomach, police said.
He was taken to University Hospital and is expected to recover. Police said the victim knows the gunman, but would not tell investigators what led to the shooting.
3. Two people were hospitalized Saturday afternoon after a shooting in a parking lot on the East Side. The shooting happened near the intersection of Gevers Street and Aransas Avenue.
Police said one of the victims said he knew the gunman. Police have not announced an arrest in the case.
4. A man was left in critical condition after he was shot Saturday night on the East Side. Police said the victim, in his mid-20s, was shot in his home in the 100 block of Nelson Avenue.
He managed to escape from three to four people inside the house, and was found blocks away. Police said there was no apparent forced entry, but a woman, who was unhurt, said she did not know how the people got in the house.
5. A welcome home party in Northeast Bexar County turned into a nightmare Saturday evening after deputies said a next-door neighbor opened fire on their house, then turned the gun on himself.
About 15 family members including two 1-year-olds were inside the home on Dakota Creek. The Bexar County Sheriff's Office identified the shooter as Victor Adams. Deputies said Adams fatally shot himself after he opened fire on the home. No other injuries were reported.
6. San Antonio police responded to a call for gunfire at a home on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.
Michelle Jones said she was at home with her two daughters, one of her daughter's friends and her son when someone fired shots through the front door. The bullets traveled to the back sliding glass door and no injuries were reported.
Police said the victim was driving in the area of Southwest 40th and Ardmore Streets around 11 a.m. when his passenger's estranged husband shot him from the passenger side window.
Police said the driver is the passenger's new boyfriend.
The shooting was reported just before 11 p.m. at the Cambridge Village Apartments in the 6200 block of Queen Castles Drive.
The man told officers he was standing outside the apartments when someone opened fire on him. A motive for the shooting was unknown.
9. A man was fatally shot Monday morning on the East Side. SAPD spokeswoman Sgt. Michelle Ramos said when officers arrived around 6 a.m. in the 100 block of Sample Street, they found the man in his 30s dead near a house known for criminal activity.
The victim is believed to have been shot inside a home before he got out through a window and collapsed. No arrests had been made as of Tuesday morning.
10. A person was shot multiple times Monday at an apartment complex on the Northwest Side.
The shooting was reported around 1:30 p.m. at the Jackson Square Apartments in the 2500 block of Jackson Keller Road. The suspected shooter was taken into police custody.
11. Two people died in an apparent murder-suicide Monday morning on the North Side. William Smith, 54, and Jennifer Smith, 46, were found dead following a police standoff in the 13800 block of Possum Tree.
A SWAT team responded to a call for shots fired, but never made contact. The couple were in the midst of getting a divorce, SAPD officials said.
12. A man was shot in the left arm in the 6500 block of Ingram Road on Saturday. The victim was uncooperative with police and gave different locations as to where the shooting had occurred.
He was transported to University Hospital for treatment.