SAN ANTONIO – Thousands gathered at the 40th-annual Cowboy Breakfast early Friday morning for free food in the parking lot of Cowboys Dance Hall.
The breakfast was served at 4:30 a.m. on 3030 NE Loop 410 at Interstate 35.
The Cowboy Breakfast is the unofficial warm-up to the San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo, which runs this year from Feb. 8 through Feb. 25.
The breakfast menu once again included thousands of sausage and eggs tacos, chorizo and egg tacos, biscuits and gravy, tamales, juice and coffee.
The full menu has the following amounts:
- 12,000 Kiolbassa chorizo and egg tacos; 5,000 potato and egg
- 2,500 servings of Pioneer biscuits and gravy
- 8,000 Pioneer biscuits and Pruski’s sausage
- 5,000 Kiolbassa sausage wraps
- 10,000 Rudy’s BBQ beef tacos
- 10,000 Pruzkies sausage and egg tacos
- 8,000 bacon and egg tacos
- 10,000 delicious tamales
- 5,000 pints Oak Farms milk and orange juice
- 15,000 cups McDonalds Special Roast Coffee
- 20,000 servings of picante sauce
- 5,000 pastries from Flowers Baking Company/Buttercrust Tastekakes pastries
Below are videos of all the excitement from Friday's event (look for more as they get added):