Local businesses offer discounts, freebies to federal employees during government shutdown
With no end in sight to the partial government shutdown, some local businesses are stepping up to offer freebies for furloughed federal workers.
Here's a list of some of those offers. Unless otherwise stated, these offers are good with a valid government ID through the end of the government shutdown.
- San Antonio Symphony and the Tobin Center for the Performing Arts - two free tickets to Classics or Pops performances. Call (210) 223-8624 for more information.
- San Antonio Humane Society - free bag of dog or cat food while supplies last.
- VIA Metropolitan Transit - free bus and VIAtrans trips beginning Jan. 18.
- Tanger Outlets San Marcos - visit shopper services for a $20 giftcard. The following stores at the Tanger Outlets are offering additional discounts:
- Corningware Corelle - 25% off single item
- Crocs - 20% off entire purchase
- LOFT Outlet - 15% off entire purchase
- Nautica - 15% off entire purchase
- Old Navy - 25% off single item
- Tommy Hilfiger - 10% off entire purchase
- Bakery Lorraine - free coffee and breakfast pastry.
- Never Falter CrossFit - free CrossFit classes at 833 Culebra Road, suite 103.
- Hilley & Solis Law Firm - free will creation, also willing to temporarily hire a furloughed employee.
- San Antonio Museum of Art - free general admission to federal employees and a guest.
- 2M Smokehouse - two pulled pork tacos and salsa on Fridays (no substitutions or sides).
- San Antonio Green Laundry - The laundromat is offering federal employees who show proper ID free washes whole the federal government shutdown continues.
- Harlem Globetrotters - Offering complimentary game tickets to any federal government employee currently on furlough to the team's 2019 Fan Powered North American Tour, which is coming to San Antonio on Jan. 30. Click here for more information on this freebie.
- San Antonio Museum of Art - Offering free general admission to federal employees and a guest until the end of the government shutdown, with proof federal ID at the admission desk. Children 12 and under have free admission to the museum.
- Taco Cabana - 20% off entire menu (up to $20 off)
We want to hear from you!
Have a question about the shutdown? Ask us and we’ll do our best to find answers.
Copyright 2019 by KSAT - All rights reserved.