15 victims hospitalized after bus crash in east Bexar County

The passengers on the charter bus were from a church group headed to a retreat, officials say

BEXAR COUNTYUpdate:

Fifteen people were hospitalized after a crash involving a charter bus and another vehicle in east Bexar County, according to Bexar County deputies.

The charter bus was traveling southbound on 1604 when it tried to make a left turn. Deputies said the bus disregarded a stop sign, attempted to turn and was then t-boned by the other vehicle.

Officials said the bus had 14 total passengers at the time of the crash and the other vehicle had 1 occupant. All were hospitalized, and one victim was airlifted from the scene, due to limited ambulance capacity.

According to officials, the passengers on the charter bus were from a church group headed to a retreat.

The crash was deemed as an accident and no criminal charges will be filed.

The investigation is still ongoing.

Original:

Several people were injured and taken to area hospitals after a bus crash in east Bexar County.

The crash happened Sunday evening near 1604 and Schuwirth Road.

It’s unclear what lead to the crash; however, several people were seen being taken from the scene to area hospitals for treatment of injuries.

The extent of their injuries is currently unknown.

This is a developing story and we’ll bring more updates as they become available.

RELATED: Longtime Texas Appeals Court justice killed in car wreck

About the Authors:

Cody King is a digital journalist for KSAT 12. She previously worked for WICS/WRSP 20 in Springfield, Illinois.