Man hospitalized after being hit by car on South Side, San Antonio police say

Driver stopped to help, not facing any criminal charges, police say

Image of crash scene, Nov. 2, 2020. (Copyright 2020 by KSAT - All rights reserved.)

SAN ANTONIO – San Antonio police say a man is hospitalized in critical condition after being hit by a car on the South Side.

The man was hit near Pleasanton Road and Lee Street on Monday evening.

Police said the man stepped off a curb and was hit by a car driven by a woman in her 30s or 40s.

Police said the woman was driving north on Pleasanton Road when the man stepped into her vehicle’s path.

The woman stopped to help the man and is not facing any criminal charges, police said.

The identity and age of the man are unknown at this time. KSAT will update you when those details are available.

Related: 2 victims in high-speed, rollover crash on far South Side identified, officials say

About the Authors

Before starting at KSAT in August 2011, Ken was a news photographer at KENS. Before that he was a news photographer at KVDA TV in San Antonio. Ken graduated from San Antonio College with an associate's degree in Radio, TV and Film. Ken has won a Sun Coast Emmy and four Lone Star Emmys. Ken has been in the TV industry since 1994.