SAN ANTONIO – Walmart is looking to shake things up and give the public a contactless-experience with a light show starring drones.
The company announced Monday that nearly 1,000 Intel drones will launch into the night sky to create three-dimensional shapes and characters, all choreographed to classic and modern holiday songs.
The shown, entitled the “Walmart Holiday Drone Light Show,” is set to visit eight cities across the country starting on Dec. 4 including San Antonio on Dec. 9.
Free tickets will be made available at 5 p.m. Eastern Time on Nov. 23. You can grab your tickets by clicking here. When confirmed, guests will receive an email with a QR code, which will grant their vehicle entry on the day of the event.
Can’t make the show? Don’t worry; the event will be live-streamed on Walmart’s Facebook, Instagram and TikTok channels on Sat., Dec. 5 at 7:40 p.m. Eastern Time.
William White, Walmart’s chief marketing officer, said the event offers the public an opportunity to “look up” after an especially difficult year.
“From our summer movie drive-in to our Fall gameday and Halloween experiences, we’ve been finding ways to help families enjoy seasonal traditions in a year when they thought it might not be possible,” White said in a statement.
From Dec. 4-20, the “Walmart Holiday Drone Light Show” will visit the following communities:
- Fri., Dec. 4: Kansas City, Kansas at Kansas Speedway
- Sat., Dec. 5: Dallas, Texas at the Cotton Bowl
- Wed., Dec. 9: San Antonio, Texas at Six Flags Fiesta Texas
- Thurs., Dec. 10: Doswell, Virginia at Kings Dominion
- Sun., Dec. 13: Phoenix, Arizona at Phoenix Raceway
- Wed., Dec. 16: Charlotte, North Carolina at Carowinds
- Fri., Dec. 18: Sacramento, California at Sleep Train Arena
- Sun., Dec. 20: Fayetteville, Arkansas at 112 Drive-In