SAN ANTONIO – The holidays bring many great traditions for families across the country, but as the end of the holiday season nears, how do you properly dispose of your Christmas tree?
Well, instead of just throwing it away, there’s a way to reuse and recycle your tree.
The City of San Antonio announced Saturday that you can drop off Christmas trees, without lights or ornaments, and make it into mulch, which is perfect for gardening.
The following is a list of dates, times and locations where you can drop off your tree:
Jan. 2 to Jan. 31 - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Bitters Brush Recycling Center, 1800 Wurzbach Parkway
- Nelson Gardens, 8963 Nelson Road
- SWMD Highway 90 Center, 5450 Castroville Road
Jan. 2 to Jan. 16 - Tuesday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Frio City Rd Drop-Off Center, 1531 Frio City Road
- Rigsby Rd Drop-Off Center, 2755 Rigsby Road
- Culebra Road Drop-Off Center, 7030 Culebra Road
For more information click here.