Grandmother, grandson safely escape house fire on far West Side, SAFD says

No injuries were reported and the cause of the fire is likely electrical, according to officials

SAN ANTONIO – A grandmother and her grandson are safe after their home went up in flames on the far West Side, according to San Antonio Fire Department.

The fire happened Sunday afternoon in the 9500 block of Cliff Creek, prompting a large response from the fire department.

The grandmother, her grandson and their pets were able to escape the home safely without any injuries according to fire officials.

The cause of the fire is suspected to be electrical, SAFD said.

Damage to the home was significant, after the flames torched the windows, melted the siding and caused other damages, also from the smoke. However, damage estimates have not yet been released.

The investigation is ongoing and we’ll bring more updates as they become available.

More on KSAT:


About the Authors:

Cody King is a digital journalist for KSAT 12. She previously worked for WICS/WRSP 20 in Springfield, Illinois.

Azian Bermea is a photojournalist at KSAT.