SAN ANTONIO – This summer, Congress passed the Veterans Burn Pits Exposure Recognition Act. The law provides enhanced health care and disability benefits to veterans exposed to toxic burn pits.
On Thursday, Nov. 10, KSAT anchor Steve Spriester will talk with three veterans to help educate other veterans and their families on the intent of the law, as well as help them understand the process to document a valid claim for both disability and medical treatment.
Guests for the town hall include:
- Jane Babcock - A retired worker from the Veteran’s Service Office in Kewaunee County, WI, with over 20 years of experience helping veterans and active military understand their benefits.
- Lt. Col. Chad Moniz - A retired Army veteran who’s served in Iraq and Afghanistan. Moniz is also a burn pit victim with knowledge on the process to document claims with the VA.
- Tim Jensen - A retired Marine, who is also a burn pit victim, as well as a co-founder of Grunt Style.
The town hall will be available to watch in the player above once it is over.
Resources on burn pits:
- Veterans Affairs: 800-MY-VA-411
- Bexar County Veterans Services Center: 210-335-6775
- Texas Veterans Commission: 210-617-5300
If you have any questions about burn pits and the benefits for veterans, fill out the form below.