SAN ANTONIO - The clean up after Harvey will be a tremendous undertaking, and San Antonio’s Solid Waste Management Department is set to help Houston in its time of need.
The department will deploy more than 50 pieces of equipment and 50 operators to Houston.
- Seguin PD helping Houston counterparts after Harvey devastates area
- SAWS crews restore water, sewer services in Port Aransas after Harvey hits
- 'I survived': How 1 woman lived Harvey on social media
- 'Texans helping Texans': Barbecue teams cook through the night for…
- Houston buys meteorologist vacation after continuous Harvey coverage
The crew is scheduled to leave at 11:00 a.m. Sunday.
Waste management said San Antonio residents will continue to see normal service during this time. Curbside collections, including curbside bulky collection, will continue to happen as scheduled.
Copyright 2017 by KSAT - All rights reserved.