SAN ANTONIO – A second suspect has been arrested in connection with a deadly shooting outside an East Side after-hours bar earlier this year, according to an arrest affidavit.
Records show Santos Alvarez, 22, is charged with capital murder by terror threat in the shooting death of Jon Kross Perez-Levaeh, 26, records show.
Recommended Videos
Alvarez’s bond has been set at $500,000, according to jail records.
Shooting scene
The shooting happened in the morning of Feb. 8, in the 1600 block of Rigsby Avenue, at an after-hours bar near Elgin Avenue.
Upon arrival, officers found a man, later identified as Perez-Levaeh, with gunshot wounds to his upper body. He was later pronounced dead at the scene.
According to the affidavit, the officers discovered through the bar’s security footage that there were multiple witnesses and suspects involved in the incident.
Authorities later told KSAT that five suspects fled from the scene after the gunfire.
The affidavit said the security footage captured the five suspects arriving at the bar around 4:30 a.m. on Feb. 8.
Witnesses told SAPD that the suspects approached Perez-Levaeh and a group inside the bar. They “acted friendly” before walking away, the affidavit states.
As Perez-Levaeh and the group started to leave, the warrant said the suspects assaulted Perez-Levaeh. He was shot several times and died.
Witnesses also reported that Perez-Levaeh’s necklace was missing after the deadly altercation.
Additionally, witnesses told SAPD that Perez-Levaeh was not involved in any disturbance before the shooting.
One of the five suspects, identified as Angel Puente, 20, was also arrested and charged with capital murder in connection with the shooting, records indicate.