SAN ANTONIO – Enjoy the rodeo season with this delicious and easy cornbread recipe!
1 3/4 cup(s) cornflour
1/2 cup(s) coarse cornmeal
1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
1 Tbsp baking powder
10 Tbsp butter, melted
2 cups(s) buttermilk
1/3 cup(s) honey
1 cup(s) corn, roasted and removed from cobb
2 Tsp kosher salt
1. Preheat grill to low. Place a 12-inch cast-iron pan on the grill and allow the pan to heat.
2. Combine all the ingredients into a bowl and mix just until incorporated.
3. Pour ingredients into greased skillet. Close grill and allow it to cook until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Approximately 12 - 18 minutes depending on the grill.
4. Cornbread can be cooked in the oven at 400°F for 19 - 22 minutes.
5. Let it cool slightly before cutting.