‘Texas Eats’ recipe: Cast iron cornbread
H-E-B nutritionist Charlotte Samuel shows you how to make cornbread
The advertiser paid a fee to promote this sponsored article and may have influenced or authored the content. The views expressed in this article are those of the advertiser and do not necessarily reflect those of this site or affiliated companies.
SAN ANTONIO – Enjoy the rodeo season with this delicious and easy cornbread recipe!
1 3/4 cup(s) cornflour
1/2 cup(s) coarse cornmeal
1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
1 Tbsp baking powder
10 Tbsp butter, melted
2 cups(s) buttermilk
1/3 cup(s) honey
1 cup(s) corn, roasted and removed from cobb
2 Tsp kosher salt
1. Preheat grill to low. Place a 12-inch cast-iron pan on the grill and allow the pan to heat.
2. Combine all the ingredients into a bowl and mix just until incorporated.
3. Pour ingredients into greased skillet. Close grill and allow it to cook until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Approximately 12 - 18 minutes depending on the grill.
4. Cornbread can be cooked in the oven at 400°F for 19 - 22 minutes.
5. Let it cool slightly before cutting.
Copyright 2020 by KSAT - All rights reserved.