UTSA police investigate sexual assault near campus
Assault reported Sunday at Hill Country Place apartments
SAN ANTONIO – UTSA campus police are investigating a sexual assault that took place Sunday evening at an apartment complex about half a mile from campus.
Campus police said the assault took place off campus at the Hill Country Place apartments.
Police said a man knocked on a resident's door and forced his way inside when the resident opened the door. The man then assaulted the resident.
The man is described as a black male who is about 6 feet tall, police said. He was wearing a gray hoodie and gray beanie cap at the time of the assault.
Anyone with information is asked to call the UTSA Police Department at 210-458-4242. Information can also be shared with campus police in person at the Main Campus Bosque Building or online here.
UTSA police offered the following safety tips to students and residents:
- Be careful when opening your apartment door.
- Do not open your door unless you know the person at the door.
- Do not open your door to strangers.
- Report suspicious activity.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Avoid going to secluded areas of the campus alone.
- Secure all windows and doors.
- Program the campus police number into your phone (210-458-4911).
Copyright 2016 by KSAT - All rights reserved.