Julie Mott's ex-boyfriend ordered to wear GPS after additional trespassing accusation

Bill Wilburn, 31, denies violating no-contact order

SAN ANTONIO – The former boyfriend of Julie Mott was ordered Monday to wear a GPS monitor after prosecutors said he violated a no-contact order by showing up at a North Side funeral home after his arrest last month on criminal trespassing charges.

Bill Wilburn, 31, has a week to be fitted for the monitoring device.

Prosecutors said in court that Wilburn was captured Feb. 20 on surveillance video at Mission Park North, despite a criminal trespassing notice against him for the last 18 months.

Wilburn was charged Feb. 10 with two counts of criminal trespassing after San Antonio Police Department investigators said he twice entered the property last June.

A motion from the state to increase Wilburn's bond to $15,000 was denied Monday by County Court Judge Scott Roberts.

"As far as the GPS, normally I would oppose it also, but I've talked to my client about it. He actually thinks it's a good idea because it will show these are all lies," Wilburn's attorney, David Garcia, said during Monday morning's court appearance.

Wilburn is a longtime person of interest in the case of Mott, whose body disappeared from Mission Park North after her memorial service in August 2015.

Wilburn told a KSAT 12 reporter via telephone last summer that he was no longer a person of interest in the case. SAPD has repeatedly denied that claim.

A judge last month signed off on a warrant allowing investigators to collect a DNA sample from Wilburn.

Roberts ordered the state to hand over to the defense any video evidence of Wilburn at the funeral home.

Wilburn's next court appearance is scheduled for April 20. 

Sign up for email alerts today.

Get alerted to news events as they happen or sign up for a scheduled news headline email that is delivered right to your inbox.

All of the day’s important news keeping you up to date wherever you are.

Click here to sign up today.