SAN ANTONIO – Despite millions of unemployment claims throughout the country and a slowed economy, several companies have announced that they are hiring in the San Antonio and South Texas area amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Here are some of the open positions in the San Antonio area, from nursing to maintenance to sales.
Is your company hiring in San Antonio? Email your listing to email@example.com with the link to your application page and provide the employment job titles.
- Broadway Bank: The local bank is hiring for 13 positions in San Antonio. Click here to view the openings.
- Amazon: The internet giant has more than 1,100 virtual jobs available on its website. The full-time jobs are available across the U.S., but about 25 positions are specific to Texas.
- Christus Health: The health system is hiring for a variety of positions, including nurses, security officers and chaplains, in San Antonio, according to Work in Texas. For more information, click here.
- Delia’s Tamales: The restaurant is close to opening its first San Antonio location. If interested in applying you can fill out an application online.
- Disability Services of the Southwest: The agency is hiring for caregivers and several other positions in San Antonio, Cibolo and surrounding areas. For more information, click here.
- Dollar General: There are nearly 70,000 active job openings across the United States. A look at a map of available jobs shows dozens available in South and Central Texas. To see job opportunities across the Dollar General network, click here.
- Dollar Tree: The chain said in March that it wants to hire 25,000 full- and part-time workers for its 15,000 U.S. stores and 24 distribution centers. An online search shows more than 100 available positions in San Antonio. To see a full list, click here.
- Great Hearts Academies in Texas: The nonprofit charter school network is looking to hire 100 teachers for the upcoming school year. The positions are open to teachers across a variety of disciplines at all grade levels at its Dallas/Fort Worth and San Antonio locations. Interested candidates can apply here.
- H-E-B: Short-term employment and hourly jobs are open for H-E-B stores, Central Market stores, Joe V’s Smart Shop and warehouse locations. For more information, click here.
- Jon Wayne Service Company: The air-conditioning, heating, electrical and plumbing company is hiring for more than 30 positions. It is hiring for air-condition technicians and installers, plumbers and electricians “to support area families and help keep the local economy moving,” according to a news release. The company is providing technicians with N-95 masks and is placing hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes in all trucks, the company said. For more information, visit JonWayne.com or call 210-293-6700.
- Papa Johns’s San Antonio: The pizza chain is hiring for up to 300 jobs, according to a news release. Positions include delivery drivers, in-store employees and shift managers and range from full-time to part-time. Those interested in applying can expect to have an interview and potentially start the same day. For more information, visit https://jobs.papajohns.com and click on “Search Jobs,” or text JOBS to 47272.
- QT: The convenience store and gas station chain is looking for full- and part-time positions for store clerks and assistant managers. For San Antonio-area residents seeking employment, they can visit www.quiktrip.com/jobs for more information.
- Rackspace: The San Antonio-based cloud computing company is hiring for more than 20 positions, according to Work in Texas. Positions include product engineer, account representative and program manager. For more information, click here.
- San Antonio State Hospital: Gerald Shackelford, director of staff support services at SASH, told KSAT that the psychiatric facility is hiring for a range of permanent positions, including nurses, therapists, physicians, food workers, custodians, maintenance workers and others. To see a full list of open positions and how to apply, click here. Under the facility location, select San Antonio State Hospital. The website is updated daily with open positions.
- SONIC Drive-Ins: The burger chain is hiring for 276 positions in the San Antonio area, spanning from full-time to part-time, and from entry-level to management.
- Spectrum Association Management: The company is hiring for a variety of jobs that include bookkeeper, customer service representative and HOA community manager. For more information, click here.
- Steve & Sons, Inc.: The door manufacturing company is hiring for more than 50 production positions at three manufacturing facilities in San Antonio. Persons interested in employment can call 210-924-5111 or visit www.stevesdoors.com/career.
- SWBC: Since April 1, SWBC has hired more than 50 new team members to help keep up with rapidly developing changes and demand in the financial services industry. Now, it’s looking to hire 50 more. SWBC has 25 openings for call center representatives; half of the group will start on May 11 and the other half will start on May 18. SWBC is also actively looking to fill over 25 positions across a variety of divisions, including mortgage, financial institutions, IT and more. Visit swbc.com/careers for more information.
- Walmart: The largest private employer in the United States wants to hire 150,000 temporary workers by the end of May, according to a news release. Positions are for stores, distribution centers and fulfillment centers, and could lead to permanent stays. For information about applying, visit careers.walmart.com. An online search shows more than 60 available jobs in San Antonio.
- Wells Fargo: The company currently has more than 25 positions posted including account resolution specialists, home mortgage consultants and process engineers. For more information, job seekers can visit wellsfargojobs.com or they can find San Antonio-specific roles here. An additional 60 roles are posted throughout Texas. A spokesperson said they will continue to add jobs in the coming weeks.
- Whataburger: The San Antonio-based burger chain is hiring for restaurant managers across 10 states. Managers can earn up to $60,000 depending on the market, according to a news release. The company offers weekly pay, health, dental, vision and 401(k) benefits and a flexible 24/7 schedule. “We are looking for great leaders, so restaurant industry experience isn’t required. If you are eager to join an iconic brand with a 70-year history of serving up an excellent customer experience, please apply," said Whataburger SVP and Chief Restaurant Operating Officer Rob Rodriguez.
- Wingstop: All Wingstops in San Antonio, New Braunfels and Austin are hiring for all positions for immediate hire. Applicants can go here to apply.
MORE CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE FROM KSAT: