Hays County reports 142 additional COVID-19 cases, brings total to 544

Announcement follows Friday’s report of 99 new cases

Photo by Associated Press, Illustration by Henry Keller (Henry Keller, KSAT, AP)

HAYS COUNTY, TexasUPDATE: June 13

The Hays County Local Health Department reported 142 new cases of COVID-19 on Saturday.

The county also reported two new hospitalizations since Friday’s announcement of 99 new cases of COVID-19 in the county. Due to the volume of reported cases, specific details of the cases announced will be revealed in Monday’s report.

Original: June 12

The Hays County Local Health Department reported 99 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday. In total, the county now has 402 active cases.

The county reports that of the 99 cases, eight were from Thursday, which were not entered into the county’s spreadsheet by the time the update was sent out to media partners.

According to the county’s press release, 16 cases that were received Thursday have been determined to not fall within county limits and have since been reported to the appropriate jurisdictions.

Related: Free COVID-19 mobile testing events scheduled for San Marcos

Hays County Epidemiologist Eric Schneider said the county’s total of lab-confirmed cases is now 673; 402 of those are still active.

Officials said 266 patients have recovered from the virus and that the number of negative tests is now at 4,641.

Schneider asked the community to do their part to help slow the spread of the virus.

“Today’s COVID-19 numbers are once again high,” Schneider said. “The community needs to remember that we are still in a pandemic. We want everyone to remember why we do these things. It’s to protect our community.”

Related: Hays County reports 82 new cases of COVID-19