Man, woman found dead in truck on Southwest Side, police say

Woman identified as 26-year-old Stephanie Vences; ME has not ID’d man

SAN ANTONIOUpdate:

San Antonio police are investigating the suspicious deaths of a man and a woman on the Southwest Side.

According to police, a property owner in the 7200 block of Old Pearsall Road who was walking around 4 p.m. on Saturday noticed a truck that was “out of place.”

Police say the property owner approached the truck, found a man and a woman dead inside and called 911. The medical examiner’s office identified the woman as 26-year-old Stephanie Vences. The man has not yet been identified.

The man was found in the driver’s seat, and the woman was found in the passenger seat. However, the Bexar County Medical Examiner has not determined a cause of death at this time.

It is unclear how long the two were in the truck at the time of their deaths, police said.

This is a developing story. Stay with KSAT12 both online and on-air for more information.

Original:

A suspicious death investigation is underway on the Southwest Side, according to San Antonio police.

Authorities announced the investigation on social media Saturday afternoon, and the scene is located in the 7200 block of Old Pearsall Road.

The area is currently marked off with yellow caution tape and officers have established a perimeter.

Further details are limited at this time. This is a developing story and we’ll bring more updates as they become available.

About the Authors:

Cody King is a digital journalist for KSAT 12. She previously worked for WICS/WRSP 20 in Springfield, Illinois.