SAN ANTONIO – The Big Give is a great way to donate, but the list of hundreds of nonprofits can be a little daunting. If you’re not sure which nonprofits you should help, we’ve rounded up a few ideas for you.
- The San Antonio Food Bank - $1 can provide seven meals for the food insecure.
- Meals on Wheels San Antonio - Delivers meals to the homes of local seniors. Just $10 can buy two nutritious meals for homebound seniors.
- Dress for Success San Antonio - Empowers women and men to transform their lives with new careers. The group does consultations and resumé building, and provides outfits to people who need clothes for interviews.
- ChildSafe - Its mission is to restore dignity, hope and trust to children traumatized by abuse and neglect.
- SJRC Texas (Saint Jude’s Ranch for Children) - Serves more than 200 youth who have survived severe abuse and provides a home for them. Just $15 will buy snack packs for children.
- Thrive Youth Center - Serves and houses LGBTQ+ young adults who are facing homelessness. During the months of October and November of this year, Thrive will move 35 local youths out of homelessness and into their own apartments. A donation of $35 will give one youth starter supplies for their new home.
- Morgan’s Wonderland - Our Inclusion Tuesday friends, the theme park provides a safe, clean and fun environment for everyone to enjoy, with free admission for guests with special needs. The park may be closed for now, but Morgan’s Wonderland still does a lot for the community. Just $10 will help put a smile on their faces.
- Guide Dogs of Texas - Provides freedom, mobility and independence to people in the Lone Star State who are legally blind and need service animals. Donations will go toward grooming, feeding and training service dogs for people who are blind.
- Local school district foundations - We can’t forget our incredible schools! They’ve been providing electronics for students for the last 6 months, above and beyond the norm, and their school foundations are working hard to raise money for kids, teachers and staff. Chances are, you’ll probably find your neighborhood school district on The Big Give’s website.
Watch the video above for more great reasons to donate, and there are hundreds more worthy nonprofits on The Big Give’s website. Just use the search bar at the top of the homepage. The Big Give runs through 11:59 p.m. tonight.