SAN ANTONIO – This year's class of San Antonio-area football players is one of the most talented groups in recent memory. Here's a look at some of the top players across the area this season.
2017 KSAT Elite 12 list:
1. Caden Sterns, Steele DB/ATH: 4-star, 97 rating on 247Sports composite. Signed with Texas. Played in U.S. Army All-American Bowl at the Alamodome. Competed at Nike's The Opening in Oregon.
2. Tommy Bush, Clemens WR: 4-star, 93 rating on 247Sports composite. Has not verballed or signed. Holds close to 50 offers from schools across the country. Announced he will play in Under Armour All-American Game. Competed at Nike's The Opening in Oregon.
3. Trevon Moehrig-Woodard, Smithson Valley DB/ATH: 4-star rating on 247Sports, 87.5 rating on composite. Signed with TCU. Held close to 20 offers including Texas A&M and Georgia.
4. Julon Williams, Judson QB/ATH: 4-star on 247Sports, 85.5 rating on composite. Signed with Houston. Held more than 12 offers including TCU, OKST, Kansas State, Iowa State, Virginia and Utah.
5. JayVeon Cardwell, Steele DB: 3-star, 84 rating on 247Sports composite. Signed with Oklahoma State. Held close to 20 offers including Ole Miss, Colorado, Vanderbilt, Texas State and UTSA.