Click here for an updated version of this article.
Our South Texas ‘cold snap’ is just getting started! Here’s what you need to know:
- Friday - FREEZING MIST & DRIZZLE is occurring north of HWY 90 Friday morning. A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY is in effect until 10 a.m. PLEASE AVOID TRAVEL if possible. If you have to travel, be careful on bridges and overpasses. It’ll stay cold as we end the workweek with a high only in the 30s.
- Saturday - Cloudy and cold weather will continue into the weekend. A light, wintry mix of rain and freezing rain will be possible, especially by the afternoon hours.
- Sunday - Most of the day Sunday will just be cloudy and cold. Once again, high temperatures will be limited to just the upper 30s. By Sunday night, scattered wintry precipitation is expected to arrive in South Texas.
- Sunday Night - A wintry mix of rain, freezing rain, sleet, and snow will sweep across the area Sunday nigh through very early Monday morning. At the same time, even colder air will arrive, and temperatures will begin to fall into the low 20s and teens. This combination of frigid air and wintry precipitation is expected to result in travel impacts. So, please be prepared for travel hazards and delays on Monday morning due to inclement weather.
Cold Weather Preparations
- San Antonio’s temperatures could stay below-freezing for more than 24 hours Sunday night through Monday night, so now is a good time to prepare
- By Saturday, you’ll want to make sure that: pets are taken care of, insulate exposed pipes (especially for those in rural areas), and cover plants
- Monitor the weather if you have travel plans
As always, Your Weather Authority team will keep you updated as the week goes on. You can get the very latest forecast anytime by bookmarking our weather page and downloading the KSAT Weather Authority App - available for both Apple and Android devices.