SAN ANTONIO – An East Side family has been displaced after a fire in a water heater closet spread to the rest of their home, San Antonio fire officials said Wednesday.
The fire was called in just before 6 a.m. at a residence in the 1600 block of South Walters Street, which is located not far from Martin Luther King Drive and Interstate 10.
Firefighters said they arrived to find flames showing in the back of the house. Two adults and six children were inside at the time of the fire but they were not hurt.
The fire originated inside a water heater closet and then spread to the rest of the house. A damage estimate is roughly $15,000.
The family will stay with neighbors for the time being, officials said.
This is a developing story. Stay with KSAT 12 both online and on-air for more information.
#Update firefighters tell me the fire started in water heater closet. 2 adults and 6 kids were in the home and luckily No injuries. The family will be displaced for at least the day. pic.twitter.com/uDzGJ1ERGd— KSAT Max Massey (@MaxMasseyTV) December 5, 2018