Karnes City ISD cancels school for 2 days after ‘several staff members’ test positive for COVID-19

All campuses will be closed for the next two days for a deep cleaning, officials say

KARNES COUNTY, Texas – Karnes City Independent School District has canceled all classes on all campuses and extracurricular activities for the rest of the week after several staff members contracted COVID-19, district officials confirmed on Wednesday.

District officials said several staff members have been “lab-confirmed” to have COVID-19, and local health authorities have been notified.

Officials said classes and activities will resume on Monday, Oct. 19, at the regularly scheduled times.

Please note, there will not be school for the next 2 days for KCISD campuses. School will resume on Monday, October 19th at the regular scheduled time.

Posted by Karnes City ISD on Wednesday, October 14, 2020

“The local health department has been notified, has begun a case investigation and have/ will contact any individuals determined to be in close contact with the infected individuals,” the district said in a Facebook post. “We do not have reason to believe that those who were not in close contact with the infected individuals have reason to be concerned.”

All district campuses will be closed for a deep cleaning for the next two days, the district said in the Facebook post.

Related: Masks, small class sizes await as NEISD and NISD prepare to return some students to campus

About the Author: