SAN ANTONIO – A Mexican restaurant on the city’s Northwest Side was ordered to go through a re-inspection in April after a broken container was being used to hold raw meat on a food prep table.
Jalisco Taqueria, located in the 6500 block of Babcock Road, scored a 77 during an inspection that also uncovered mold near a three-compartment sink.
An employee was also seen making tortillas without a proper hair restraint.
- 100-90 = A (Very Good to Acceptable)
- 89-80 = B (Acceptable to Marginal)
- 79 or lower = C (Marginal to Poor)
Metro Health indicates that scores of 69 or lower are failing scores
Other scores this week:
- Binge Kitchen, 449 McCarty, 100
- Hong Kong Harbor, 8230 Marbach Rd., 100
- Sake Cafe Sushi Bar & Grill, 100
- Deco Pizzeria, 2026 Babcock Rd., 99
- Bar Louie, 15900 La Cantera Pkwy., 98
- Bill Miller BBQ, 2911 Thousand Oaks, 96
- Tacos Ricos, 8025 Bandera Rd., 96
- Saffron Persian Cuisine, 8846 Huebner Rd., 94
- Firehouse Subs, 7431 NW Loop 410, 93
- Mama Margies, 9950 IH 10 West, 92
- Taqueria Guadalajara, 1616 SW Military Dr., 91
- Mariscos Del Puerto, 10430 Culebra Rd., 90
- Kumori Sushi Restaurant, 700 East Sonterra, 89
- La Michoacana Meat Market, 6059 La Cima, 88
- Cafe Rosa, 2034 Basse Rd., 87
- Quick Wok, 7210 SW Loop 410, 87
- El Pueblito, 2303 Quintana Rd., 86
- Yaya’s Thai Restaurant, 8085 Callaghan Rd., 83
- China Harbor Restaurant, 191 SW Military Dr., 79
- Jalisco Taqueria, 6502 Babcock Rd., 77
For food establishment complaints in the city of San Antonio, send an email to Metro Health or call 210-207-8853.