SAN ANTONIO – A food mart on the city’s West Side was ordered to go through a re-inspection in June after racking up a long list health code violations that included sewage back-ups and a soiled ice machine.
Pik Nik Foods, located in the 1200 block of S. Gen. McMullen, received a score of 77 after a health inspector also discovered flies under a sink and found raw meat being stored in a T-shirt bag.
The inside of the establishment’s ice machine had soil and a mold-like debris build up, city health records show.
- 100-90 = A (Very Good to Acceptable)
- 89-80 = B (Acceptable to Marginal)
- 79 or lower = C (Marginal to Poor)
Metro Health indicates that scores of 69 or lower are failing scores
Other scores this week:
- Sizzling Wok, 10222 Huebner Rd., 100
- Cafe Vida, 2711 Treble Creek, 99
- Eddie’s Taco House, 402 W. Cevallos St., 99
- Jack In The Box, 5311 Rigsby Ave., 99
- Snowflake Donuts, 5802 Babcock Rd., 99
- Hello Paradise, 520 E. Grayson St., 95
- West Express, 803 West Ave., 94
- Flying Saucer, 11255 Huebner Rd., 93
- Piatti, 255 E. Basse, 93
- Bun & Barrel, 1150 Austin Hwy., 92
- New Wu’s Kitchen, 15179 Judson Rd., 91
- La Revolucion, 4310 Blanco Rd., 90
- San Antonio Coffee Hut, 1610 Fredericksburg Rd., 89
- Jay’s Cafeteria, 5432 Old Hwy. 90 West, 88
- Culebra Super Meat Market, 8230 Culebra Rd., 87
- Jalisco Grill, 6560 Babcock Rd., 83
- Big John’s Pizza, 7806 Callaghan Rd., 78
- Fair Ave. Shell, 418 Fair Ave., 78
- Wing Daddy’s Sauce House, 10730 Potranco Rd., 78
- Pik Nik Foods, 1246 S. Gen. McMullen, 77
For food establishment complaints in the city of San Antonio, send an email to Metro Health or call 210-207-8853.