SAN ANTONIO – The Culinary Health Education Program (CHEF) teaches children and families basic nutrition and practical cooking skills, with the long-term goal of motivating individuals and communities to adopt and sustain healthier eating habits.
Click here to check class availability.
Registered Dietitian, Katherine Bowen, shares three simple recipes you can make with your family.
Fun Fruit Pizzas
- 2 whole wheat sandwich thins or English muffins, split in half
- 4 ounces low-fat plain cream cheese, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon honey
Use additional toppings, if desired.
- 1 cup plain low-fat or nonfat Greek yogurt
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 Tablespoons dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Strawberry Lemonade with Chia Seeds
- 1 liter of water
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries, halved
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, crushed