It’s the Summer of Giving at H-E-B, and through Sept. 22, when customers purchase an H-E-B-brand product, H-E-B will donate a portion of proceeds to Feeding Texas.
H-E-B’s goal is to raise up to $2 million to benefit Feeding Texas and its network of food banks across the state.
To learn more about the Summer of Giving Initiative, click here.
- 8 H‑E‑B Premium Jalapeño Smoked Sausage Links, plus more as needed.
- 1/2 cup(s) H‑E‑B Organics Garlic Sriracha BBQ Sauce, plus more as needed.
- 1 1/2 cup(s) fried crispy onions, plus more as needed.
- 8 bakery fresh hot dog buns, heated if desired, and more buns as needed.
1. Preheat grill to 400ºF.
2. Grill sausages until nicely marked, then transfer to a plate to rest.
3. In a bowl, mix BBQ sauce with crispy onions and toss until coated.
4. To assemble dogs, place sausage in each hot dog bun, garnish with favorite condiments as desired and top with BBQ onions. Repeat with each hot dog.
- Pair this with a Betty! A German-style Kolsch Ale, H-E-B recommends.
- It’s a light and bright San Antonio classic brewed in the traditional Kolsch style from Koln, Germany.
- It’s easy drinking and perfect year-round, but especially with a Jalapeno Dog.
The H-E-B Jalapeño sausage is made with select ingredients and locally crafted here in San Antonio. Use your favorite flavor of BBQ sauce, the H-E-B Specialty Series of BBQ sauce is available in Texas, Carolina, Memphis and Kentucky Bourbon style flavors. H-E-B-French fried onions are not just for green bean casserole! It’s crunchy and delicious that add fun texture.
Get nutritional information from the recipe and add ingredients to your H-E-B shopping list here.