SAN ANTONIO – Get ready for a full day of local high school football at the Alamodome with the KSAT Pigskin Classic.
Six football teams from around San Antonio will be participating in the event, which is set to take place on Aug. 27.
Brennan, Johnson, Judson, Reagan, Smithson Valley and Steele high schools will all be playing at the Pigskin Classic.
11:30 a.m. - Kickoff for Smithson Valley vs. Reagan
2:30 p.m. - Postgame coverage with KSAT 12′s Greg Simmons and David Sears
3:30 p.m. - Kickoff for Judson vs. Johnson
6:30 p.m. - Postgame coverage with KSAT 12′s David Sears, Larry Ramirez and Greg Simmons
7:30 p.m. - Kickoff for Steele vs. Brennan
General admission tickets are already on sale and can be purchased at all Las Palapas locations around San Antonio.
Tickets can also be purchased at the Alamodome Box Office starting Aug. 22 through game day. All sports fans ages 3 and older must have a ticket.
Tickets are good for all three games. Find more information about tickets here.
Alamodome parking is $20 per vehicle. Most major credit cards are accepted. Cash is no longer an option for paying to park.
Access to Alamodome parking can be found at the following:
- Lot A - located off IH-37 North access road
- Lot B - located off Cherry Street
- Lot C - located off Cherry Street
- Lot D - located off Tower of Americas Way and Montana Street
Lot A provides ADA-accessible parking and accessible drop-off/pick-up for people with disabilities.
Clear Bag Policy
The Alamodome Clear Bag Policy will be in effect for the Pigskin Classic.
Here are the rules regarding permitted bags, provided directly from the Alamodome website:
- Small bags and/or clutches - 5.5″ x 8.5″ or smaller
- Clear Bags – (Plastic, vinyl, or PVC) 12″ x 6″ x 12″
- 1-Gallon Clear Freezer Bag – (Ziploc bag or similar) 12″ x 12″ or smaller
- Medically Necessary Bags – required for medical equipment and accommodations, such as chilled medication, oxygen, lactation pump, etc. (Medication, such as pill bottles, epi-pens, inhalers, etc. that do not require a bag larger than 12″ x 6″ x 12″ should be brought in a bag that meets the above specifications.)
- Diaper Bags – bag must be paired with a guardian and child, upon entry, and contain diaper-changing related items, such as diapers, wipes, etc. Diaper bags are not subject to the 12″ x 6″ x 12″ sizing.
Backpacks, camera cases, mesh bags, purses, seat cushions, clear backpacks, tinted plastic bags, over-sized totes, binocular cases, printed pattern plastic bags and folding chair bags are not allowed inside the Alamodome.
The Alamodome reserves the right to prohibit any item deemed dangerous or unsuitable by Alamodome Security.
The Alamodome reserves the right to prohibit any item deemed dangerous or unsuitable by Alamodome Security. The following list of items is prohibited and was provided directly from the Alamodome website.
- Animals (except service animals to aid guests with disabilities)
- Ballons (helium, air filled or deflated)
- Bottles, cans, and beverage containers of any kind*
- Cameras with detachable lenses or lenses longer than 3″ when extended
- Chairs, stools or other seating devices
- Chains (metal)
- Costumes (dangerous in nature) including nunchucks, pitchforks, sling blades, axes, swords, whips, nooses, etc.)
- Electronic Cigarettes
- Inflatable objects (including footballs)
- Knives or Multi Tools (pocketknives, switchblades, lock-blades, throwing stars, scissors)
- Large Purses or Backpacks
- Large Hats or Signs
- Laser Pointers or Laser Pens
- Mace (pepper or tear gas)
- Outside food or beverage*
- Poles, sticks or rods of any kind
- Posters and Signs
- Sealed packages of any kind
- Swords (Plastic, Metal)
- Tripods, monopods and selfie sticks
- Video Cameras/Recording Device (including GoPro devices)
*Exceptions will be made for those with medical requirements and/or special needs.