SAN ANTONIO – A week’s worth of testimony ended in the child porn trial of John Morgan Campbell.
Both sides rested Tuesday morning as they prepare for closing arguments.
Campbell, 66, was a vice president at H-E-B until April 2014. That is when he was accused of having sexually explicit images of young boys on his company electronic devices.
Local businessman facing 600 years behind bars on 53 counts of child porn
He was terminated immediately and the company notified authorities.
Campbell didn’t deny that the pictures were his, according to prosecutors.
“He said, ‘This is what happens when you do stupid things,'” prosecutor Patrick Ballantyne told the jury last week during opening arguments.
“What he said was, ‘You got me,’” Ballantyne added.
During the trial, Campbell’s defense team challenged the prosecution over whether proper discovery evidence was provided.
They also raised technical issues concerning the size, origin and admissibility of the photographs.
Judge rules pictures in child porn sex trial will be admitted
Campbell is facing a maximum prison sentence of 20 years on each count of possession of child pornography.
Closing arguments will begin Wednesday at 8 a.m. in Judge Catherine Torres-Stahl’s 175th District Court.
